Sunday, November 11, 2007

Trying to learn more about internet marketing...

I have spent quite a bit of time learning about internet marketing over the last few weeks. ( I have so much more to learn!) My plan for the new year is to start a few more more websites, mainly geared towards: frugal, pennypinching, thrifty, want to work from home people, like myself. I have used my blog as kind of a testing ground for some of what I've learned. For example, I added Google Adsense, so there is a bit of advertisement (relevant to my blog). It is super easy to add to a website or blog. Google Adsense walks you through the steps! When someone visits your site and clicks on one of your ads, money is put into an account. When you reach $100, you get paid. I hesitated about posting about this because, most people already know about Google Adsense, but I figured there are a few, like me, that are just getting started with their blogs and my not of heard about it or thought it would be to complicated.

4 comments:

Flutterby said...

I had AdSense on for a long time and never made one cent from it. I took it off because it was just wasting space.

Daisy said...

Really? That's odd. I have made a good amount over the last few weeks. (Can't say how much, it's not allowed) Maybe there was a glitch with yours?

Louise said...

with adsense be prepared to play around with placement, size colour etc to find what works for your blogs, It is surprising what impact small changes can have, it's good that it is working for you and you are doing great with the paid to read sites.

Daisy said...

Yes, I think you are right. I had changed the placement and it did make a difference,not in a good way! So, I changed it back today.